Cooking from Scratch is now on facebook! Click here to check it out!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Tart

This is one of those "put together" recipes. It has three separate components that I have previously posted put into one delicious dessert. In fact, my husband - who's not a huge sweets fan - told me the other nights that it was, "One of my best efforts." Whoo hoo! Of course, that means that it's tasty enough I've eaten it for lunch, snack, and dinner the last two days. It's a horrible thing, too, because my husband will look at me after dinner tomorrow and say he wants some of that awesome dessert I made the other day and I'll have to look sheepish and admit that I already polished the whole thing off. I hate it when that happens.

It's a horrible, wonderful thing. .:sigh:.

But here's how it goes. First, make a batch of my Perfect Graham Cracker Crust. Press it into a nine inch spring form pan such that a little bit of it rides up the sides half an inch or so. I reduced the sugar in the crust to only 1/4 of a cup in this case since I wanted to balance the sweet fruit topping a bit. Don't bake the crust yet for this dessert.

Then mix up a batch of my Mini-Cheesecake filling. It has a nice lemony flavor that compliments those blueberries oh so well. Pour the prepared filling into the unbaked crust.

Preheat the oven to 400° F. Place the pan in the oven and reduce the heat to 350° F. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the filling is set but not browned in any way. While you can use a cake tester to test for doneness, I just use the "jiggle" test. Gently jiggle the pan and if the center does not jiggle with it, it's finished. Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake remain in the oven for another ten minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.

Lastly, prepare a batch of blueberry topping that is very similar to my Maple Blueberry Topping. In this case, however, we're going to omit the maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg. We're also going to increase the sugar to 1/3 of a cup. The other change is that we'll only actually cook one cup of the blueberries. We'll add the last cup after the mixture has cooked, thickened, and cooled slightly. I really love the way those fresh blueberries taste in the cooked blueberry mixture. It's my secret weapon! Once the blueberry mixture has cooled and the cheesecake has cooled, pour the blueberries on top! Refrigerate at least four hours before serving.

Now who wouldn't want a slice of this heaven?!?

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing. I can't wait to try your recipes.

    ReplyDelete