Cooking from Scratch is now on facebook! Click here to check it out!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Better Rolling Pin Cover

I always hated traditional rolling pin covers but not using one was even worse. I hated that they were expensive and often hard to find. I hated that they left wacky lines all over the dough. I hated that they always ended up stretched out and then would get sloppy on the rolling pin, sliding all about. And it never took long before they looked nasty and dirty, even after washing.

Fortunately, I found a perfect alternative. I had a drawer full of those white knee high nylons that come in the little plastic balls. On a whim a couple of years ago I figured I would try using one on my rolling pin. It was perfect! I cut off the toe and the ribbed top and it ended up just the right length to cover my rolling pin. It is super stretchy, so it easily fits over the pin, but it is elastic enough to stay in place. I love that it does not leave a bizarre pattern on my dough, but it doesn't stick to it at all either. I like that it is super easy to clean and dries quickly. Washing and drying it also reinvigorates its elasticity. I have to change the nylon out maybe three or four times a year. And the best part? A pair of 'em only costs 49 cents.

1 comment:

  1. I will try this....I hate the ones I have purchased and always thought there has to be a better way. Thank you Tara

    ReplyDelete