Cooking from Scratch is now on facebook! Click here to check it out!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Glazed Carrots


I made a pot roast last night and one of my favorite companions for roast is glazed carrots. They are super easy and fast to make (especially if you use the baby cut carrots in a bag) and taste delicious. For some reason, I think that carrots have fallen by the wayside slightly as a cooked vegetable and this is a sad state of affairs. Give these carrots a try and you will want to work carrots into your menu on a regular basis.

I have made the recipe to feed four, but to be honest, when I make it, I usually just throw the ingredients in to whatever amount of carrots I want. As long as you get the proportions roughly close, these carrots will turn out great.

Glazed Carrots
Yield: 4 side servings

1 small bag (16 oz) of baby cut carrots OR 1 lb peeled carrots sliced into coins
1 TBS butter
2 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS lemon juice
pinch of lemon zest
pinch of ground nutmeg
salt & pepper to taste

Boil carrots in water until they are fork tender. Drain and add remaining ingredients immediately, while carrots are still hot (you want to butter and sugar to melt together). Stir to coat. Serve while still hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment